SHOWCALL CREWING PTY LTD
How this Policy operates
Showcall is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information we hold. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may also deal with personal information as a credit provider within the meaning of the Privacy Act, and for that purpose this Policy constitutes our Credit Policy.
- The kinds of Personal Information we collect
We only collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act, being information that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual) where we consider it to be reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities. The kinds of personal information we collect may include:
- your name, date of birth, age and occupation
- your postal address, email address and telephone number
- your driver’s licence and other identification and employment details
- information about your transactions with us
- your IP address
- insurance, credit card and other banking details
- credit eligibility information such as information about your credit history, payments, credit reports, defaults and previous credit applications; and
- your job title & your employer.
- How we collect your personal information
We will solicit your personal information by lawful and fair means directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
The circumstances in which we directly collect personal information will vary depending on the nature of the interaction. Some common ways we collect personal information directly from you are:
- when you or your employer provides information in the course of business dealings with us including completing an Application Form or Parking Agreement
- when you visit our office or a venue where we are providing services, or attend a meeting or conference with us
- when we correspond with you by email, telephone, face to face or through our website
- when you apply for a position with us
- when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, subscribe to our mailing list or interact or follow our social media pages
- as you navigate our website or use a mobile application to interact with us
- in the course of trade shows, promotions, displays, site or showroom visits or like events;
- in a webform or paper based form such as registration forms, competition entries and surveys.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties and public sources including:
- your legal representatives and professional advisers
- direct marketing database providers
- Our business partners, associates and related companies
- credit reporting agencies, referees, guarantors and your associated entities
- social media; and
- phone directories, web pages, membership lists, trade publications and directories, online search engines, professional and trade associations, ASIC, bankruptcy or court registry searches.
- Using your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our reasonable business purposes and provide products and services. The uses include:
- providing you or your organization with proposals or quotes
- providing concert crewing, event management and related services for you or your organization
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our services
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey or market research
- promoting and marketing current and future services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers
- analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services
- compilation and maintenance of contact lists for use by us, our related bodies corporate and business partners and associates
- facilitating our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any financial, legal and regulatory requirements
- managing and improving the operation or navigation of our websites
- to provide the service you have requested; and
- other purposes directly related to our business and for which you have provided consent.
- Disclosing your personal information
We may use and disclose personal information to third parties for the same purposes as are set out in paragraph 4 above. Organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include:
- as required by law, government bodies such as the ATO, ASIC, Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority and the police or courts
- Our related bodies corporate, business partners and associates
- service providers we work with to operate our business such as:
- information technology, ticketing, scheduling, employment agency and booking platform providers
- concert and event venue owners, managers, tenants and other users
- finance companies, distributors and equipment suppliers
- marketing and communications agencies; and
- advisers such as accountants, business analysts, recruiters, auditors & lawyers.
- Do you have to provide personal information?
You can refuse to provide personal information. A refusal may mean that we are unable to provide the service you or your organization has asked for, for example if we propose to do a credit assessment on you or the organization, and we are unable to complete the credit assessment.
- Cookies and website use
To improve our services, we sometimes collect de-identified information from web users. Although the information collected does not identify an individual, it does provide us with useful statistics that permits us to analyse and improve its web services.
When you visit our website, a record of your visit is logged and the following data is supplied by your browser:
- your IP address and/or domain name
- your operating system (type of browser & platform)
- the date, time and length of your visit; and
- the resources you accessed or downloaded.
We use this information only to customize information for website visitors and to collect aggregated data for the purposes of analysis, quality control, administering and improving the website.
Aggregated data may be shared with third parties. You can stop your browser from accepting new cookies or disable cookies altogether by changing your browser preferences.
- Direct Marketing
If we hold your personal information, we may use or disclose that information (other than sensitive information) for direct marketing if:
- you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that purpose; and
- we provided you with a simple way to opt out of receiving direct marketing from us; and
- you have not made such an opt out request.
Whenever we send you marketing material, we will always inform you how you can opt out of our mailing list. We will implement your request free of charge within a reasonable time.
- Protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways, including paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, human error, modification or disclosure including:
- secure password protected databases for storage
- confidentiality requirements of staff
- security for access to our systems including firewalls
- document storage security requirements
- access controls for our building; and
- limiting the provision of personal information to third parties on a need to know basis, and subject to commitments from them that are similar to the commitments we make in this Policy.
We cannot guarantee that personal information will be protected against unauthorized access or misuse and we do not accept any liability for human error or the improper actions of unauthorized third parties.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, to protect our legal interests, or to comply with Australian law.
Once those reasons for retaining your personal information no longer apply, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that your personal information is de-identified.
- Disclosing your personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to third parties operating outside Australia who are a related body corporate, or work with us or are a supplier, agent, or partner. Overseas territories to which we currently send information are .
We may also store your personal information on servers based overseas or in the “cloud” or other types of networked or electronic storage.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us provided that is it lawful and practicable.
We will try to accommodate a request for anonymity if possible. However, your right to anonymity does not apply in relation to a matter if:
- we are required or authorised by or by law or a court/tribunal order to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or
- it is impracticable for us to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right, upon request, to access any of our records containing your personal information. To request access to your personal information please contact our privacy officer. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time. On the basis that it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will give you access to the information requested.
If we refuse your request to access personal information, we will provide a written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal & how you can complain about the refusal.
- Help us keep your personal information accurate
We will take reasonable steps to ensure our records of personal information are accurate, up to date and complete. If you think there is something wrong with the information we hold about you please contact our privacy officer to let us know if there are any errors and keep us up-to-date with any changes, and we will try to correct your personal information.
We will respond to your request to correct your personal information free of charge and in a reasonable period of time. If we refuse your request, we will provide you with a written notice setting out the:
- reasons for the refusal; and
- mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, you may request that we associate your information with a statement that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps to make the statement visible to users of your personal information.
If we correct your personal information and we have previously disclosed it to a third party, upon your request, we will notify that third party of the correction unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
- Resolving your privacy issues
If you have any issues you wish to discuss with us or if you’re concerned about how we have collected or managed your personal information please contact the privacy officer.
For information about privacy or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Our privacy officer can be contacted at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Post: PO Box 820 Cronulla NSW, 2230
Showcall Crewing are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation to ensure we meet or exceed all relevant legislative requirements.
- Minimise waste through efficient use of all materials and inputs.
- Only use sustainable or recycled products where possible.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work
- Encourage employee involvement.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Include environmental considerations in all investment decisions
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
Last Updated: November 2019